Hunting for Golden Eggs with Hen House – Game Review
I was asked to test drive the new slot game of Real Time Gaming, Hen House. I have to admit that at first I thought to myself something like: “another one? Let’s see what’s new with this one.”
First of all, this cute (yes cute) five reel slot machine now offered at Palace of Chance Casino, makes you want to put some farming gear on to start dancing to a western jolly tune and spin all the way.
Seriously, this slot machine has such charming characters that actually make it difficult to concentrate on the game itself. It just gives you a happy feeling and one wishes there was a story to be told with these characters.
Besides the great rewards that the game has and which I will mention below, one of the added values that I always consider a must-have in online casino games is that it can be played both online and in the casino software downloaded in a computer.
Now, let’s talk business and take a close look at the rules and features of this game:
- The paylines have a 25 Variable
- The Jackpot Reset Amount is a major of $1,000 and a minor of $250 (expressed in USD and may vary for other supported currencies).
- The scatter symbol is an egg
- Scatter Pays Scatter wins are added to line wins.
- Scatter wins are multiplied by the total bet.
- The top Award is of 35,000 times bet per line
- The win direction of all of the symbols pay left to right, except scattered eggs, which pay any.
- The substitute symbol is the Hen
- The substitute Rules are: When the hens appear grouped on reels 2, 3 and 4, they substitute for all of the other symbols except scattered Eggs.
- Animated symbols include Scatter and Substitute.
- The Hen House Pick Feature is triggered when 3 or more scattered Eggs appear anywhere.
- The Free Games Feature select from the 9 Hens in the Henhouse to reveal Eggs: A Golden Egg, a Rotten Egg or a Bonus Symbol.
- 5 free games with a prize multiplier of x1 are initially awarded.
- Any retrigger adds 5 free games to the current feature.
- Free games are played at the lines and bet of the triggering game.
Slot machines tend to be very monotonous at times and as a player, I always look for slots that give me a different feeling or that at least those that make it fun for me to play; even if it’s by a catchy tune or funny looking characters. It has to be said that this game succeeded at creating an environment that makes the spinning different than many other slot machines and as a player, I truly appreciate that!