We’re thinking of a number between one in 36. If you can guess it, we’ll pay you money. That’s the basis of American Roulette. If you bet right, you can increase your chances of winning to nearly 50/50. And no matter how you bet, you’re going to love playing at Palace of Chance, either for fun or for real money.
How to Play American Roulette
Not sure how to play Roulette online? As long as you can wrap your head around the table, you’re good to go. Every table has two components—a wheel with a ball and a table. The Roulette wheel has 38 numbers—one through 36, a single zero, and a double zero. The table has exactly the same. Your job is to pick the number that you think will pop up.
Sound hard? It isn’t. While you’re more than welcome to predict the exact number that’s going to hit, you don’t have to. In fact, you can bet on almost 50% of the numbers in a single bet, and if the number falls in your group of numbers, you’ll win.
Understanding Roulette Bets
American Roulette rules, explained here, are fairly easy to follow. In this game, you can play the inside or the outside. You’ll find six inside bets and six outside bets. Here’s a rundown of how each bet works.
- Straight Up — This one’s a long shot, so it pays out 30:1 if you hit it. Placing a straight up bet involves betting on one specific number. If the ball lands on that number, you win.
- Split — Can’t decide between two numbers that sit next to each other? Bet on both by placing your chips on the line that belongs to both numbers.
- Street — A street bet involves betting on three numbers in a horizontal line.
- Corner — You can bet on four numbers that find themselves in a square layout.
- Six Line — This is much like two street bets, rolled into one. You’re essentially betting on six consecutive numbers that fall evenly into two rows (three in one row, three in another).
Now that you understand how to bet the inside, let’s look at the outside.
- 1 to 18 — Exactly what it sounds like. You’re betting on the first half of the Roulette board.
- 19 to 36 — This one’s just like 1 to 18, only you’re betting on the second half of the Roulette board instead of the first.
- Red or Black — The numbers one through 36 on the Roulette wheel are evenly divided between black and red. You can bet on whether the number that comes up will be one color or the other.
- Even or Odd — The one works exactly like black or red, only you’re betting on whether the number will be even or odd. Don’t forget, the single zero and the double zero are neither even nor odd.
- Dozen Bets — You can bet on whether the number that comes up will fall in the first 12, second 12, or third 12 group of numbers.
- Column Bets — This one includes every number down a vertical line.
How to Win at Roulette
Winning at Roulette at Palace of Chance is easy to understand. If the number the ball landed on falls within your bet, you win. It’s literally that easy.
Download the Online RoulettAnd no matter how you bet, you’re going to love playing at Palace of Chance.e App
At Palace of Chance, 3 different roulette versions are part of our full suite of online casino games. That means you’ll get full access to American Roulette, European and Multiplayer Roulette, every other online casino table game, video poker, and our full collection of online slots.